Monday, June 05, 2006

Was She An Alien?

I am definitely not looking forward to July 13, the start of "The Three Weeks" period of calamities for Jews. I cannot shake this feeling I am about to lose someone close to me, but I am almost certain this is not a physical death but a spiritual death.... like death of a relationship or friendship.... and likely to occur during this three weeks period.

Now on the topics of relationships.... let's think back to my days at university as I attempted to complete my studies amidst the turmoil of the two pregnancies and a difficult little brother....

Up until this time I have had no serious relationships. But it was during my first year of university, 1982, that I met a very strange woman.... almost like an alien.... there was something about her that was strange.... and like me she had an interest in UFO phenomenon and orange lights.

She was doing a different major but we took some of the same classes. One class involved a series of physics experiments that we do at our own pace.... and I raced ahead of everyone else in the class, only this woman kept up with me.... but we didn't really talk to each other.... too busy completing the experiments.

All this changed when we came to one particular experiment that required help of another person. Up until that stage, we could complete the experiments by ourselves. But we came to this experiment that required two persons to complete.... and this woman was the only candidate for me.

We struck up a friendship and soon found we shared common interests and common journeys in our lives.... a concept known as "synchronicity"... these very uncanny coincidences that we share with certain people. I've shared many with this woman.

Over the months our friendship blossomed.... I was so unexplainedly drawn to her.... like a magnet... physically there was nothing special about her.... but she was so strange, almost otherworldly, and I was so drawn to her.... There was no real romance involved but the friendship ran really deep.... we were best friends to each other.

Then around Passover 1983, the 3rd anniversary of the orange light experience, came the knockout blow to our friendship.

One thing you will find as you read my blogs is that major things tends to happen around Passover or just after Passover but before Shavu'ot, about April and May. I've always wondered why, perhaps it has something to do with the orange light that occured during Passover in (most probably) 1980.

So it was around Passover 1983 when the knockout blow came to our friendship, and things would never be the same. This hurt me badly.

For the first time I felt really accepted by someone, a luxury that was not afforded to me by my family. Then it seems she was about to go away, almost like an alien.... like in the movie "My Stepmother Is An Alien"....

Once again I was left alone.... alone and searching for acceptance....

No comments: