Sunday, June 11, 2006

My Father

Since the bitter divorce of my parents back when I was about five, my father went to Melbourne, and mother had forbidden us to contact our father. Therefore we had no contact whatsoever with my father, it was like he did not exist, yet I knew he existed and I was wondering what had happened.

It was also during my parent's honeymoon in Europe in 1980, the same year of the orange light phenomenon, that my sister somehow found a way to contact my father. We met him for the first time since my 5th birthday, he had travelled to Perth from Melbourne. I'm not sure if the purpose of his travel was solely so he could meet us, but it doesn't matter. The fact was, we were able to meet him for the first time.

Dad was still in town when my parents arrived back from Europe. Not long after, mother had found out about us contacting our father, and she really blew her stack. Even so many years later, mum was still so bitter about dad though I could never figure out why. I was way too young to remember what had happened, but according to mum, dad was the most evil person on earth, 2nd only to the devil himself!!

Our contact with dad ceased soon after, and he went back to Melbourne. We lost contact once again, and it would be another two decades before I would see him again.

No comments: