Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Boss From Hell

I graduated from university in 1985, complete with a bachelor of science with majors in physics and computer science. The graduation ceremony took place around Passover 1986.

It was around Passover 1986 when a member of this cult that I was involved with offered me some work experience. He worked in a government department, and being in a senior position, he was able to offer me work experience there. It was unpaid experience, but it was a chance to see what it is like to be in a real job.

I worked at this office job for two months, then I received an offer for a paid temporary job at a geophysical data processing company. I had earlier applied for a job there and was knocked back but they kept my resume. They contacted me while I was at this work experience.

The temporary job turned into a permament job, they offered me the job full time, and that was when the troubles began. My boss began to verbally abuse me, he would literally shout at me each time I make even just a little mistake... this would happen nearly every day.... I would dread getting up in the morning to face another day for I knew I would be abused.

But I was very much alone... I felt I could not tell my family of this, certainly not my mother.... I am already very much the black sheep of the family.... I had to keep it all in.... not that talking about it would do any good, it would not stop the abuse, I seemed powerless to stop this abuse.

Around Passover 1986 I became involved with Scientology! Ha! Two cults for the price of one!! Not only I was still with this Christian cult, I was not involved with the cult of Scientology!!

And I thought maybe if I get involved with Scientology deep enough, do enough of those auditing sessions, etc, then perhaps my boss would stop abusing me.

But it seemed the deeper I gotten into Scientology, the worse was the abuse from the boss at work.

I ended up hating my boss... wanting to murder him.... and I am not a violent person by nature.... but this constant and intense abuse from my boss.... and my bad relationship with my mother who I felt would not support me.... this was really driving me to the edge of insanity.... breaking point..... I questioned whether I could survive like this for much longer.....

Being in two cults.... a family who hates me.... a boss who hates me.... I might as well have been an alien.... an alien would have been treated better than me!!

It all came to a head at Passover 1987.... I finally resigned from my job!!!

No comments: